P.J.
P.J., Technician
Experience:  10 years as a mechanic and fabricator in a privately owned, local, custom bike shop.
75205684

Do I need the spacers on the bolts progressive shocks on a

Customer Question

Do I need the spacers on the bolts for mounting progressive shocks on a 1996 heritage softail
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a motorcycle. The Motorcycle Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I installed new shocks on my harley
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I just want to know if you need the spacers on the bolts or not
JA: Is there anything else the Motorcycle Mechanic should be aware of about your motorcycle?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Motorcycle Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello anyone there
Expert:  P.J. replied 6 months ago.

Do you still need help with this? Which series shock are you trying to install?

Expert:  P.J. replied 6 months ago.

As long as you aren't using a shock with a remote reservoir you should re-use all the stock bolts and washers.

No parts added and no parts removed.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Also, please leave a positive rating for my service today. Thanks, P.J.