Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

I have a boss mc400 speaker and amplifier with a Jensen

Customer Question

I have a boss mc400 speaker and amplifier with a Jensen jhd910 radio on my Kawasaki Vulcan 900 lt motorcycle has a whining noise when motorcycle is running what can I do to eliminate it
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, it would appear to be a stator/regulator whine noise issue. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • connect the amp and the Jensen directly to the battery terminals carefully observing correct polarities;
  • • aside from the black wire to the battery's - terminal, hardwire an additional ground line from the amp's and the Jensen's body to the chassis and engine;
  • • install filter capacitors;
  • • install choke/inductor filters.