Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

I have a 2012 XY 500 EFI with CFMOTO motor. I have replaced

Customer Question

I have a 2012 XY 500 EFI with CFMOTO motor. I have replaced plugs, check fuel filter, and ran injector cleaner through motor the best i can. It will start and die immediately if dont rev the throttle cable back and forth. most of the time it starts and dies, I cant keep it running at all
JA: Spark plug problems can be challenging. So many causes, some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with all of them. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes, there is not a CF Moto dealership anywhere close to me
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: spark plugs, fuel filter, checked the air box, changed fuel, ran injector cleaner in it when it runs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Motorcycle Mechanic should know about your motorcycle?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Motorcycle Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 12 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, it would appear to be a fuel delivery issue or more particularly, insufficient fuel. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • remove injector to enable checking of spray pattern/quantity & quality;
  • • test fuel pump output pressure.