Kenny O.
Kenny O., Motorcycle, ATV, Mules, Side by Side's Product Specialist. All Brands
Experience:  Worked for Kawasaki Motors as a Product Support Specialist (Factory Support) for 24 years
30381042

I have a 2008 Polaris Ranger crew and is very hard to shift

Customer Question

Good morning sir, I have a 2008 Polaris Ranger crew and is very hard to shift from H,L,N. I took the belt cover off and while the belt spins seems to be tighter than it should. When I turn the Ranger ON the belt is spinning. Is there a way to loosen up the belt as it seems to be what my problem is.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 6 months ago.

Hi this is Kenny, who am I speaking to ?

The belts on most CVT units will spin in neutral, Polaris does things a little differently then some of the other manufactures, this unit requires that you have a special tool from Polaris for clutch alignment, if the alignment is off it can cause the belt to drag on the fixed sheave causing more of a drag to the driven converter in neutral thus making it harder to shift.

Also both clutches should be inspected for wear,such as rollers and bushings especially in the drive converter. I will post up the procedure on for checking the clutch alignment and it also give you the distance. As I said some of the other manufactures make the belt deflection adjustable with shims on the driven converter.

Let me know of you have any further questions.

Thanks

Kenny

Please download a copy and save it as these files have a short expiration date.

http://spaces.hightail.com/receive/rr35p