kwiggins29059, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Experience in Harley Davidson and Triumph

I just bought a new speedometer, 70900070B, 2004 FLHRI. It

Customer Question

I just bought a new speedometer, 70900070B, for my 2004 FLHRI. It will not calibrate. It does nothing. I connected it to the dash as the troubleshooting said to do and it displayed 'no cal', so it looks like the unit is ok. Any ideas on what to look at to make it calibrate? I would even be ok if it is installed without transfering data, but I don't know if I can.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  kwiggins29059 replied 5 months ago.

There should be an adapter harness in the kit that's used to calibrate the new unit. until it's calibrated as per the instructions on page 2 of the link below it will not work.

Click here for info

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I did plug the adapter harness in, but nothing happened on the new speedometer. No lights or anything on the display

Thanks, there's 3 fses to check real quick, all are 15 amp.

If all the fuses are good and the calibration adapter still does not work a dealer will need to use a breakout box to check the wiring harmess for shorts or opens. The link below has diagrams and goes deeper into what I'm talking about with the breakout box.

click here

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The fuses are good. the pdf you gave me is not for a FLHRi Road King. Any other ideas? I would rather not pay a dealer if I can try a few more things.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Will I get any more help with this?
Could the cable be the wrong one for my older bike?
Any other steps to take to try and calibrate the speedometer?

I will open this back up to other experts for you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
If I will not get any help on this, and with what info I was given was of no real use, I would like a refund please.