Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience

Have a Kawasaki mule dfi light is on have replaced defected

Customer Question

Have a Kawasaki mule dfi light is on have replaced defected coil still runs on one cylinder checked valves they are OK have 12volts going to coil need help have not pulled plug when I take screwdriver in plug wire I don't see fire
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: That's about it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Motorcycle Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Hi Glenn and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially and if only 1 of the plugs has spark, then proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • check the wires & connectors of the ignition coil and the spark plugs themselves, their wires, boots & caps;
  • • likewise with the wires and connector of the ignition module;
  • • re-check presence & consistency of IGN+12V on the yellow/white wires to the ignition coil and on the brown wire to the ignition module;
  • • test for pulsating voltage on the white and black/yellow wires to the ignition coils with the engine running;
  • • as well as the blue & white wires of the ignition module.