Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

Have a 2012 Spyder Roadster. Rode it 1600 miles last week

Customer Question

Have a 2012 Spyder Roadster. Rode it 1600 miles last week from New Mexico to East Tennessee. It sat in a garage for a week. There has been rain off and on that whole week. Now I can't start it. I cranks like it is trying to start and I smell gasoline. The battery is ok. I tried the turning the key off and on letting it go through the screen stuff 8 times to reset the computer.
It must be getting gas ok since I smell it when I try to start it. The tank is 3/4 full of gasoline, I can see.
Can Am dealer is closed on Mondays.
Help.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.
Hi Mary and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, it would either be fuel (least likely) and/or ignition/electrical (most likely) issue. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):• carefully remove the spark plugs;• check the burn color of the ceramic tips;• cautiously perform a spark test;• crank and note if fuel enters the combustion chamber;• consider draining/replacing with fresh fuel (even if just to eliminate it as a possible suspect).