Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I need to know how to disconnect and pull the iginition

Customer Question

I need to know how to disconnect and pull the iginition switch cable out of a Honda Trx500 atv.
JA: What is the model/year of your motorcycle?
Customer: Honda TRX(###) ###-####ear
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The problem is a lost key need to pull the switch which requires pulling the cable so I can take the whole part with cable to a lock smith to cut a new key.
JA: In addition to the key, do you also have a key fob? Do you have a key code?
Customer: No that is the problem. No key code no number on switch. Honda said I need to pull the switch with cable and take to a lock smith. I know there is a long cable but unsure how connected and where to locate it.
JA: Any recent repairs?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Motorcycle Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: no, but you can see a picture of the cable on the net, just can't find any info of how to go at the problem.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Motorcycle Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

In some cases you may need to obtain this info from a dealer or local repair center that may have this info and may be able to give you this info or sell it to you at a small fee since no one has posted any info here on this,If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete