Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

I have a electrical problem with me 2005 mv f4. The power is

Customer Question

I have a electrical problem with me 2005 mv f4. The power is dead when I turn the key, battery is new. In the past playing with the plunger the won't allow the bike to start with the kickstand down has caused the power to come on but that doesn't work now. Can that electric shutoff go bad? Can it be checked or bypassed? There is no mv dealer in Detroit now so any help would be appreciated. If anyone knows a mv mechanic in the area it would be great. Thanks
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, "...power is dead..." would infer completely/electrically dead. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):• inspect the battery, its ground lines and/or check/clean the battery cables + terminals, connectors and wiring as a preliminary consideration. Have the battery externally charged and then LOAD TESTed (even if new/charged and just for the purpose of eliminating it as a suspect);• check (or better yet, replace) the main (30A} fuse co-located with the starter relay. To locate the starter relay, start by following the big cable from the + terminal of the battery as it always ends up tied to 1 of the 2 big terminals of the starter relay.