Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 2008 Honda shadow spirit 750. I ride it yesterday

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Honda shadow spirit 750. I ride it yesterday about 260 miles and the bike ran great. I went to start it this morning and the bike cranked up for a second then does out. When I tried to crank it again, the bike will only turn over but will not start. Any ideas?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. From what you have described here this sounds like a lack of fuel which can be common.This can be caused by a fault with the fuel filter being restricted or debris in the fuel tank causing a lack of fuel through the fuel system,Some models use a fuel pump and one or more fuel injectors that can also fail and cause this issue here needing replaced.I would have the fuel system tested to locate which is the source of the fault here and then from there it can be repaired to correct this issue.But this does sound like a lack of fuel with it cranking up for a second then dying out and then no starting at all. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete