Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

I took the tank off my 2014 KTM exc350f and cleaned it, put

Customer Question

I took the tank off my 2014 KTM exc350f and cleaned it, put it back on and started it and all was fine. In the morning I tried to start it and though it turns over it didn't start. I noticed there is no priming noise when I turn the ignition and run switch on. I have checked all fuses and relays however the battery is not great, I fully charged it yet it has died after less than 1 minute of trying to start the bike. Any suggestions?
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Also in the morning while trying o start the battery died so I hooked up jumper cables to a car battery (car not running) and tried starting. After this I bought a charger and charged the bike battery but it seems to die quickly
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 6 months ago.
Hi Stuart my name is KennyWhat's going on here, do you have a couple of problems ? Obviously your battery sounds like its no good, correct ?and second its not starting, and second what was the purpose of removing the fuel tank and cleaning it ? was there dirt in the tank or bad fuel, which brings me to my next question, if the fuel was old from sitting, how long was this unit sitting before you attempted to start it ?Thanks StuartKenny