Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

700 polaris 2002 only runs if beilage pump is pushed

Customer Question

Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.
Hi Rod and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back what & where is the "...beilage pump..."And, a little more background info please:• has it been in storage for a length of time;• is this a sudden recent issue;• or slowly developing while in use;• any recent work, repairs or mods done.Still, the description of "...runs if...pump is pushed..." would infer an intermittent operation. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):• check the tubes & lines feeding the pump;• test for the presence and consistency of the supply voltage to the pump if electrically powered;• or the vacuum line if so driven;• check/clean the fluid path to and from the pump;• ensure no blockage particularly at the filter if so equipped;• or better yet, measure the output pressure of the pump.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
will try next weekend .I disconnected the pump and then it would not fire up .I reconnected and then still not starting .will let you know .
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.
I understand Rod and would appreciate an update when able.