Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience

Triumph America 2009 EFI

Customer Question

Triumph America 2009 EFI
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, what seems to be wrong with the Triumph?And, a little more background info please:• has it been in storage for a length of time;• is the concern a sudden recent issue;• or slowly developing while in use;• any recent work, repairs or mods done.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I bought this bike brand new in 2008 summer this is 2009 Triumph America first EFI model ok. Now after winter ended in March of 2009 I was trying to get it ready to ride so I started the bike and left it running for 30-40 minutes bike got shut off when I tried to start her up it didn't start so I called the dealer and he told me that motor is burnt the some gears are made of plastic they are melted so it's not worth fixing it. So now I am thinking about getting the motor from eBay and have the dealer install it. However non EFI motor is much cheaper can I buy non EFI motor will it work or I have to have EFI motor I guess I am not sure what route should I go too. The bike is sitting in my garage since then.
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.
On "... can I buy non EFI motor will it work or I have to have EFI motor...", it is a lot easier to downgrade; i.e. from EFI to carb.Apologies for the delay; was mobile with sluggish if at all Internet connection.