Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP

I have a '92 FXSTC with turn signals in the mirror stems and

Customer Question

I have a '92 FXSTC with turn signals in the mirror stems and stock rear lights. A resistor module is mounted under the seat. The front lights were installed over 10 years ago and haven't had any problems. I removed the rear fender to repaint and cut the wires at the front of the fender.
I've reinstalled the fender, and when I connect the rear turn signals, the signals don't work, front or rear. If I disconnect the rear, the front work normally. With the front lights flashing, when I touch the wires together, the front go out.
I removed the rear bulbs and connected the wires. The front flash normal, and a multimeter shows flashing voltage at the rear sockets.
I'm not sure how to test the flasher and resistor modules.
I've got a freshly painted bike to show off, and the weather has finally warmed up. I hope you can help.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Steve replied 5 months ago.
what do the turn signal indicators do when you do all this things?Steve