Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP

I just replaced the ignition switch on my Kawasaki bayou 250.

Customer Question

I just replaced the ignition switch on my Kawasaki bayou 250. the switch has 2 wires coming out, a white one and a red one. the old switch had a red and brown one with the brown ran up to the handlebar section but was not connected to anything. do not know the year and can't find vin # ***** frame. any help would be great.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** am I speaking to ?Can I get the VIN # ***** your unit and then the switch you replaced if its a Kawasaki part, can you give me the part number, I need your VIN # ***** can pull the correct wiring diagram.Thanks
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 5 months ago.
The 17 digit frame number is ***** on the left hand side lower frame tube, and that number on the switch will help tremendouslyThanks