Kenny O.
Kenny O., Motorcycle, ATV, Mules, Side by Side's Product Specialist. All Brands
Experience:  Worked for Kawasaki Motors as a Product Support Specialist (Factory Support) for 24 years
30381042

2004 artic cat atv 400 cranks over, starts on first crank usually,

Customer Question

2004 artic cat atv 400 cranks over, starts on first crank usually, sometimes will not start unless keep pumping throttle, fires but will not take hold, let it set 5min. and ususlly starts on first crank again. sometimes will die and then go through same thing again
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. If you have not checked for a restricted fuel filter or fuel line this should be done to see if any issues are found.If there are any issues with a restricted filter or fuel line this will need corrected to resolve this issue here.If this is or has been checked and found o.k. let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Pete, have checked fuel filter, fuel line, cleaned tank, new carb kit, air cleaner
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.
With my info being limited on this model here I will have to see if anyone else can assist further on this here.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 11 months ago.
Hi this is Kenny, do you still need help on this ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Finally took machine to shop and found it to be an electrical problem. Thanks anyway
Good, I was prepared to go that route, if you need anything in the future you can ask for me and I will get glad to help you out.ThanksKenny O
I send this over to customer service so they can get you a refund !