Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience

My 2002 gsxr1000 won't hold speed when riding. if im tring

Customer Question

my 2002 gsxr1000 won't hold speed when riding. if im tring to keep the bike at 60mph it speeds up and slows down but won't stay
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially , any error codes?And even if "...speeds up and slows down but won't stay...", would it idle steadily? ...and does the RPM proportionately changes with the changes in speed?Still, proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):• carefully remove the spark plugs and check the burn color of the ceramic to the;• check/clean air intake system;• check/test the fuel pump system particularly the pump itself and its output pressure;• remove, soak and clean the injectors.In some instances, it may also require the checking of the throttle position sensor (TPS) and/or the intake air pressure sensor (IAPS)