Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

Kawasaki 750 vulcan bike ran shut it off lights on in neutral

Customer Question

kawasaki 750 vulcan bike ran shut it off lights on in neutral starter button not working jumped cylinoid turned over but wont start
JA: The mechanics can certainly shed some "light" on this -- sorry! Sometimes I can't help myself;-) Seriously, though, the mechanics are real masters when it comes to fixing things, and it would be my pleasure to put you in touch with the best one for this. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: its like on off button not letting juice to starter or engine
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing dont know what to try
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Motorcycle Mechanic should know about your motorcycle?
Customer: new battery and doesnt even click
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Motorcycle Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, I understand that "... lights on in neutral...". Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • attempt to start with the clutch lever pulled in and the side stand folded up;
  • • check/clean/exercise/bypass (for test purposes) the OFF/RUN switch.