Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience

I have a Kymco S 250.At,45mph the engine Stal.I fooled around

Customer Question

I have a Kymco S 250.At,45mph the engine Stal.I fooled around with the Clutch Shoes.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  kwiggins29059 replied 5 months ago.
Hello, does it seem to bog out like it's starving for fuel or does it cut out like you just cut a switch off?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It Also make a clicking noise.NOT a knocking noise.Yes.Is like starving for fuel,But is not getting it for some rhizomes Its About Kimco Scuter 250 S 2010
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, a little more background info please:• has it been in storage for a length of time;• is this a sudden recent issue;• or slowly developing while in use;• any recent work, repairs or mods done.Still, the description of "...45mph the engine Stal..." could possibly be a fuel starvation issue and/or ignition related. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):• drain and replace fuel;• check/clean the fuel path;• test for presence and consistency of spark;• determine burn color of spark plug tip;* if black/sooty, then rich and/or vacuum leak issue;* ensure vacuum integrity at the intake manifold;- if oily, then an internal engine problem;- if very light brown to whitish, then lean and/or an air leak concern;• check the air box and air filter/element;- ensure tight/correct fit;- verify air entry is only through the designated opening;• check the battery voltage when revving for potential over charging;- if overly high, try/run with the regulator temporarily disconnected.