Kenny O.
Kenny O., Motorcycle, ATV, Mules, Side by Side's Product Specialist. All Brands
Experience:  Worked for Kawasaki Motors as a Product Support Specialist (Factory Support) for 24 years
30381042

I recently bought a Honda 50cc metropolitan moped and the key

Customer Question

I recently bought a Honda 50cc metropolitan moped and the key does not engage right. It will not turn and now the key is bent, new ignition switch???
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 9 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** am I speaking to ?There are couple ways you can do this and yes one way to replace the ignition switch or a lock set, that gets pretty expensive, there is also another way and that most Honda Dealers have the ability to cut you a key from the code off the ignition switch or if you have the little tag that is usually on the key ring and its usually a 4 digit number, if you don't have the tag then its also on the ignition switch (back side) so if that the case you would need to get that number, then call around to your local Honda Motorcycle dealer and if they have the equipment to cut keys then you are in luck, most places get about $25 to cut a key, you can also check with a local locksmith as sometimes they have the same equipment, if you strike out on all those options then I will provide a link for a company that handles most of all the Japanese manufactures when it comes to keys. You should be able to get one cut from one of these places, then there is a lock set, those are about $110 for this model.Let me know of you have any questionsThanksKennyhttp://www.hondakeys.com/