Kenny O.
Kenny O., Motorcycle, ATV, Mules, Side by Side's Product Specialist. All Brands
Experience:  Worked for Kawasaki Motors as a Product Support Specialist (Factory Support) for 24 years

Hay my name is ***** ***** a1986 ninja blew up the engine i

Customer Question

Hay my name is ***** ***** a1986 ninja blew up the engine i found a1986 zl 600 will that fit on my ninja and can yo
u take the drive shaft off the zl600 and put sprocket on for chain drive
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 5 months ago.
Hi Brian my name is ***** ***** cases are different, to get the ZL600 engine to work would likely cost more then what you paid for the engine, the output shaft and the cases would not be compatible, it would require machining a new transmission cover and then basically getting into the transmission. Not sure where you are located but if you have a motorcycle salvage years close all those guys are connected across the country. There is a great salvage yard in Long Beach California, Long Beach Cycle Salvage (Mike) I have used him on many engines for older models, if they don't have one currently he's really good about finding what you need eventually . But what you are trying to do wont work, sorry !Let me know of you have any further questions. Kenny