Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP

What is the piston-to-cylinder clearance 2000 Polaris

Customer Question

What is the piston-to-cylinder clearance for a 2000 Polaris Magnum 325?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a motorcycle. The Motorcycle Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: We have a new piston, and are going to bore the cylinder. Before we do that, we need to know the correct piston-to-cylinder clearance measurement.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: We are a full-time motorcycle/atv repair shop, and we've done this type of job many times. But we do need the clearance measurement since we don't have the repair manual for this machine.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Motorcycle Mechanic should know about your motorcycle?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Motorcycle Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 5 months ago.
Hi this is Kenny I am the Polaris Expert, would you happen to have the model code ? As there are 2 and 4 strokes for this year ?Thanks