Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience, MMI, HD technician, HD early, engine rebuild/performance, bike builder, kit bike program manager, CCI 2001-2004

Replaced battery on 2002 ultra classic now all it does is crank

Customer Question

replaced battery on 2002 ultra classic now all it does is crank over please help me pearl thanks big john
JA: Fortunately, the mechanics here speak car like it's their native tongue. They're great at sussing out engine issues, and it would be my pleasure to put you in touch with the best one for the job. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: im pretty sure theres some kind of procedure you have to do after battery is changed but I forgot what I have to do
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes its nothing mechanical just turning on the key switch a few times or something to that extent that I remember the last time I changer battery
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: just cranking it over
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Motorcycle Mechanic should know about your motorcycle?
Customer: no I road it last fall this spring the battery was dead that's how its been
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Motorcycle Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Steve replied 5 months ago.

Hi John,

sorry about "JA". I've complained, but it's still there.

perform a password ***** routine. that should resolve the issue.

follow this link:

let me know if you need more help.

Expert:  Steve replied 4 months ago.

let me know if you need more help.

if not, please leave a POSITIVE RATING.

thank you,