Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

2006 vino 125 seems underpowered. it sat a long time, idles

Customer Question

2006 vino 125 seems underpowered. it sat a long time, idles well now with new gas but is slower on the start and has a top speed of about 45 on the flat.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a motorcycle. The Motorcycle Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I would guess that the throttle is not opening all the way.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes, but will take it in if necessary.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing yet aside from the new gasoline.
JA: Is there anything else the Motorcycle Mechanic should be aware of about your motorcycle?
Customer: not really.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Motorcycle Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 7 months ago.
Hi Richard my name is ***** ***** of questions before I move forward with my recommendations, I see that depending on what's going on you might have ta take it in rather then fixing it yourself I have some ideas that you should be able to perform where it might save you from some of the dealers high labor prices, so let me gather a few things from you and we'll see what we come up with.Current miles that are on unit ?When you added new fuel was the oil fuel removed ?Has unit ever been serviced ?Have you checked the oil level lately, if so was it at the correct level ?Thanks