P.J.
P.J., Technician
Experience:  10 years as a mechanic and fabricator in a privately owned, local, custom bike shop.
75205684

I have a 2012 street glide and just added a air suspension

Customer Question

I have a 2012 street glide and just added a air suspension kit. When I went to start the bike the odometer read the millage and then displayed t1 P. I turned it of and back on and it started for about 30 seconds. The odometer then read t1 P. I tried the diagnostics from online forums and have no error codes. Whats wrong.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  P.J. replied 10 months ago.
The gauge is indicating that the bank angle sensor is telling the ECM that the bike has tipped over. The bank angle sensor is built into the turn signal module. If the module was relocated during the install of the air suspension then that may be the issue. If it is not in its original orientation it thinks the bike has turned over. If the turn signal module was removed during air suspension install and then re-installed in its original orientation then it may be that the bank angle sensor is stuck and is not automatically resetting as it should. I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Also, please leave a positive rating for my service today. Thanks, P.J.
Expert:  P.J. replied 10 months ago.
.