Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP

My sisters vtx 1300 wont start. Installed a new battery. checked

Customer Question

my sisters vtx 1300 wont start. Installed a new battery. checked all fuses.
JA: The mechanics can certainly get you off to the right "start" -- sorry! Sometimes I can't help myself;-) Seriously, though, the mechanics are real masters when it comes to fixing things, and it would be my pleasure to put you in touch with the best one for this. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: no clicking sound at starter and nuetral lite wont come on
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yep
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: replaced the battery, and charged it up, checked the fuses with test lite
JA: Is there anything else the Motorcycle Mechanic should be aware of about your motorcycle?
Customer: nuetral lite doesnt come on when in nuetral
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Motorcycle Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** am I speaking to, please disregard the comments by JA and I apologize, I'm one of the motorcycle experts.Do after installing the new battery and you turn the key on are you getting anything, lights, horn, brake light..etc ?How many miles are on this unit ?What year is this unit ?Thanks