Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP

My 50cc scooter will start but not idle or keep

Customer Question

***** *****. My 50cc scooter will start but not idle or keep running. It's a 2013 peace with 1000 miles
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I charged battery. When I start it it will run a few secs and die. I think I over filled the gas tank as it was leaking gas out of the side air filter I removed that and put back on and now not leaking
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Motorcycle Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** am I speaking to ?I will be upfront with you, this is a Chinese scooter and its really had to get manuals for these unit, I will go off my knowledge of this configuration of the engine/carburation combination. Its pretty obvious that the low mileage and the year that this scooter sits more then ridden, so my next question has it been sitting here lately ? if so can you give me an idea how long it was sitting ?Is this the first time for this season that you have tried using it ?Thanks