Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

I'm having a problem with 2005 suzuki c90 1500 bouldevard startin

Customer Question

i'm having a problem with 2005 suzuki c90 1500 bouldevard starting, i replace every relay check fuses , and more , sometimes it will start , most the time it won,t. i have a new battery. if i cross start it though the starter relay it fires right up every time , runs good,acts like the decomp relay is not getting juice, and the relay been replace, and the decomp soldinoid some times travels up and down and the starter don't engage
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.
Hi this is Kenny, who am I speaking to ?So reading your description you obviously have an intermittent situation, so I can run through some checks and see if we can catch it when its acting up, being you can cross the solenoid terminals and it turns over and starts leaves me to believe that its on the primary side of the starting circuit.Next question, do you have a multi-meter ?Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes i have a multi-meter' larry
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Larry So it will not start, side stand up, clutch lever pulled in correct ? does it sometimes work or never, only way to start it is to short across the posts on the solenoid ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes i have a multi-meter i've it a lot checking relays, and lots of other thing s sometimes works and thatsthe only way to start it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i,m checkimg the key switch
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.
So some of the Suzuki's have different requirements when starting, if this bike is in neutral does it require you to pull the clutch lever in to start it ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i was talking with kenny o, about my suzki c90 bouldevard problem and the screen went outl larry