kwiggins29059
kwiggins29059, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Experience in Harley Davidson and Triumph
68360881

So I have a Honda not a Kawasaki (sorry lol) but I think

Customer Question

Hi, so I have a Honda not a Kawasaki (sorry lol) but I think my question related across the board.
So when I push the start button on my 98' VFR it "clicks" then turns over and starts. Some times though it just clicks then I hit start and it clicks again, sometimes it takes 4 or 5 times then it starts. I out a new battery in and it's still doing it.
Is this possibly the starter motor going bad?
Thanks.
Alan
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  kwiggins29059 replied 7 months ago.
This is very common when the starter solenoid is going out. It's a cheap part and easy to replace, just follow the large battery cable on the starter or battery and you'll find it. Below is a link to the parthttp://www.amazon.com/Starter-Solenoid-Relay-Honda-Interceptor/dp/B007YI8DVO If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Follow ups concerning this are free even after you rate or accept.Thanks!