TIMOTO
TIMOTO, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Honda registered technician, silver level award, former Kawasaki/Suzuki tech, 40+ years exp.
8313095

Ok got a 95 Vulcan 88 1500 not firing the coils got power to

Customer Question

Ok got a 95 Vulcan 88 1500 not firing the coils got power to them but yes light Dont pulse when cranked and all 3 have power
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.
Customer: I'm a ase master tech but this bike lol sucks and thank you
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Oh yes why pay Dont have a service manule
JA: Great! What have you tried so far? Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know?
Customer: Check for power getting fuel coils not firing
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 9 months ago.
There is a gray wire coming off of the ignition switch. Use a multimeter to check it for voltage. It should have 9 volts dc With the ignition on. If not the ignition switch is bad. This is a common failure on this model.Please rate my answer so that I can get credit for assisting you. After rating you can always add a reply if you need further assistance with this problem.
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 9 months ago.
Were you able to check this out?