Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

Lost spark to my 2000 Bombardier ds 650. i Put a new battery

Customer Question

lost spark to my 2000 Bombardier ds 650. i Put a new battery in in today and it made no difference.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a motorcycle. The Motorcycle Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I checked all the connections and wiring and it all seems okay. What do i need to test first? CDI, Stator, Coils?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: duh
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Motorcycle Mechanic should know about your motorcycle?
Customer: I rode it last week when the battery was weak. It started bogging out and missing so i parked it until my new battery showed up. I put the new battery in and now i have no spark.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Motorcycle Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):• test for high pulsating voltage to the ignition coil when attempting to start;• and for low pulsating voltage from the pickup coil.