Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a brand new (1.2 hours) Kawasaki mule 4010 trans 4x4.

Customer Question

I have a brand new (1.2 hours) Kawasaki mule 4010 trans 4x4. When it gets warmed up the temperature warning light starts blinking and then stays on and the dfi warning light comes on and the mule stops. What????
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Has anything been checked or tested for this issue here? Let me know,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Not yet dealer is perplexed
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
O.k.,my info is limited on this model here. Does your engine run with engine coolant to cool it or air cooled?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Coolant and it is full.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
O.k.,if the engine thermostat is stuck closed it will cause this issue here as I have seen and had to replace before on some models.Unfortunately I dont show the location of this here.I have also seen issues with the water pump not circulating the coolant properly.These are the most common causes for this fault here and need to be checked into further to locate the source of the fault and then repaired from there.I would lean more on replacing the thermostat first to see if this corrects the fault. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete