Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

I am trying to take my kids out in morning and all shops

Customer Question

Hello i am trying to take my kids out in morning and all shops are closed. My 2007 kawasaki ultra wont crank over all the way even with a new battery. was wondering if you could trouble shoot with me on what it could be
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 7 months ago.
Hi and thank you for your question.Does your ultra do anything with the new battery? Does it power up the gauges?How long has it been since the ski ran last?I would suggest pulling the spark plugs out and taking a look at them. Make sure there is no sign of rust on any of the plug tips. Once the plugs are out, ground the spark plug leads and see if the engine will turn over without the plugs installed. If it still doesn't turn over, I suggest attempting to turn the engine by the coupler and see whether if the engine is locked up or not.Let me know what you find.ThanksRSRBOB
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No it ran this morning and then I turned it off. When I try to start it again it just cranked very little. So I went and got a new battery. And still the same thing.
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 7 months ago.
OK, thank you for the additional information.Let's proceed with pulling the spark plugs out, taking a look at them, then seeing if it will crank with the plugs out.RSRBOB
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It won't crank enough to see spark. Almost like the battery is dead but the plugs look good
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 7 months ago.
OK, I wasn't asking if you saw spark, I was asking if it would crank over normally with the plugs removed (zero compression).RSRBOB