P.J., Technician
Experience:  10 years as a mechanic and fabricator in a privately owned, local, custom bike shop.

Keep getting code 1655...t-max tuner running program 314 everything

Customer Question

keep getting code 1655...t-max tuner running program 314 everything stock except slipons and hi flow air cleaner.clear code and it comes right back
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  P.J. replied 5 months ago.
That's the code for a problem in an automatic compression releases (ACR). Your bike's engine (96") shouldn't have them from the factory. The 103" came factory equipped with ACR's. It may be that they are turned on inside the T-max causing this DTC to show up. The 314 map has the compression release control turned on by default. If you have the ability to access the T-max Tuner software you'll connect to the module with the USB cable, turn the bike on to connect the software to the T-max (click the red "Link" button if it doesn't happen automatically). Then look under Module Configuration, Basic Settings, Compression Release Control. This setting should be "0". This is the correct setting for turning automatic compression release control off. I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Also, please leave a positive rating for my service today. Thanks, P.J.