Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP

My boyfriend dropped his brand new r3 on its left side, there

Customer Question

my boyfriend dropped his brand new r3 on its left side, there doesn't seem to be much damage besides a broken clutch lever and cracked fairing, but it will not start
JA: The mechanics can certainly get you off to the right "start" -- sorry! Sometimes I can't help myself;-) Seriously, though, the mechanics are real masters when it comes to fixing things, and it would be my pleasure to put you in touch with the best one for this. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: well im not sure if theres a switch keeping the bike from turning over from the clutch or if he flooded the carb or what, the fall really wasn't bad so i dont understand why the bike is not turning over
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if it seems like something within my capabilities yes, otherwise i guess ill have to get the bike to a shop
JA: Is there anything else the Motorcycle Mechanic should be aware of about your motorcycle?
Customer: 2016 r3 dropped just barely onto its left side, broken clutch lever, signal light got pushed inside the fairing, and it appears that the shifter is slightly bent, tries to turn over but can't, a noise comes from near the back of the bike when it fails to turn over
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Motorcycle Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** am I speaking to ? and do you still need help with this ?ThanksKenny