Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP

No spark - cranks over, good battery, new stator, recent regulator,

Customer Question

No spark - cranks over, good battery, new stator, recent regulator, new coil, timer & pick up, ignition switch...
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a a motorcycle. The Motorcycle Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: replaced stator, was ok before that, stator is not grounding out
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: everything, now what?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Motorcycle Mechanic should know about your motorcycle?
Customer: Was running before I replaced stator, stator checks out, not shorted
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Motorcycle Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 5 months ago.
Hi and thank you for your question.To be able to give you model specific information, we would need to know the make model and year of your motorcycle.You did mention you replaced several electrical parts. Did you replace everything with brand new parts and were the replacement parts OEM parts or aftermarket parts?ThanksRSRBOB
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OEM parts, 1986 Harley FXST, evo 1340
Thanks for your input...
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for the additional information. I am going to forward your request to a HD Evo specialist.Thanks for using justanswer.comRSRBOB
Expert:  Steve replied 5 months ago.
there could be several reasons for no say the battery is good, so you're going to have to prove that to me.measure the battery terminal voltage under the following conditions:- ignition OFF.- ignition ON.- with the start button depressed.let me know what you find and we can continue from there.Steve