TIMOTO
TIMOTO, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Honda registered technician, silver level award, former Kawasaki/Suzuki tech, 40+ years exp.
8313095

I have a recon TRX250TM and is a crank no start. No spark.

Customer Question

I have a recon TRX250TM and is a crank no start. No spark. I have ground on green wire to coil and no switched voltage on either. I need a diagram for the ignition system or help
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.
Customer: Honda recon TRX250TM 4 wheeler
JA: Got it. What model and year?
Customer: 2002 Honda TRX250TM. are you a bot?
JA: IÂ’m an assistant to the Mechanic. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: I keep telling you. It is not a car. It is a TRX250TM 4 wheeler
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes with info from you guys
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have no spark. I checked the wiring at the coil. I have constant ground on the green wire. No power or switching to fire coil.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 7 months ago.
Here is a link to a complete service manual for that model. https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_TKSTsdx3KNOEVQTWhRRlpaV1E&usp=drive_web&tid=0B_TKSTsdx3KNRlRpdjBDQjl5TGsThe wiring diagram is at the end of the manual and test procedures for the ignition are in the ignition section.The ignition is a magneto type and the green wire is supposed to be grounded and the other wire to the coil is a very low voltage input that requires a peak voltage type of meter to read any voltage to it.Please rate my answer so that I can get credit for assisting you. After rating you can always add a reply if you need further assistance with this.
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 7 months ago.
Do you need any further assistance with this?