Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

New HuntVe 2016 Switchback Switchback: Need advice on battery

Customer Question

Need advice on battery usage vs gas for Huntve UTV. I live in the Blue Ridge Mtns of Va and will use it in mtn terrain; 1/2 mile stretches of 35 degree angles. How do I make the transition from electric battery use, vs a tank of gas. This is 48 volts of battery. I am not concerned with the torgue for short distances. I need help with the physics and longevity and battery replacement. should I be planning to replace the vehicle every 2-3 years for 80% of total value rather than replace batteries every 5 years. I doubt I would put more than 40 hours per year on it.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online. In some cases info like this may need obtained from a dealer or repair center that works on this model here since no one has replied with the info on this.The sales department or service department at a dealer may be able to tell you usages for gas and electric on this model here.If this is not an option for you and you want to continue here instead let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete