P.J., Technician
Experience:  10 years as a mechanic and fabricator in a privately owned, local, custom bike shop.

I changed my eng. oil on my 95' sportster, and now the oil

Customer Question

I changed my eng. oil on my 95' sportster, and now the oil lite stays on? could I have air in the system? how do I remove the air/
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  P.J. replied 6 months ago.
Air in the system is not going to be your problem. The oiling system design prevents it. The pressure switch, or the wire leading to it, is the most common issue. However, you don't want to risk major engine damage so you need to know whether or not you have oil pressure. The only accurate method is to use a mechanical test gauge in place of the pressure switch. I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Also, please leave a positive rating for my service today. Thanks, P.J.