Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Sir: I took ownership of a 1991 Model CX today. (3430K from

Customer Question

Sir: I took ownership of a 1991 Model CX today. (3430K from new). It has not been run in many years but was in careful, proper storage. I would like to purchase an owners manual and shop manual, if at all possible.
A few questions:
How is chain slack adjusted? Is there an eccentric spool in the swing arm?
How many cc's and what type gear oil are used in the transmission?
I've drained the fuel and replaced it with fresh. Flushed the brakes, frt. & rear.
Thank you for what ever help you may offer. B!
Bud Clauer PO Box 84 Rochdale, MA 01542 USA
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online. In some cases you may have to obtain this info from a dealer or repair center that works on this model here as I have had to do before when the info isnt easy to come by.A dealer or repair center may be able to order in a repair and owners manual as well in some cases.If this was already checked into or is not an option for you let me know so we can continue. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete