Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP

Hey Steve, I got into the top end on my BMW cause of the

Customer Question

Hey Steve, I got into the top end on my BMW cause of the seized piston. Tried to get the head off the four long studs. Comes almost off, then hangs up on one of the studs. Can't figure out why, all four slide OK for three inches all the way to the last inch and a half where the threads are, then it hangs up. Any ideas?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.
I have no idea why it would hang up there. check to see if there is anything in the stud hole for the threads to hang on.Steve
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
yeah, wish I could see in there. Not too much wiggle room between the studs and the holes. Wish I had some kind of real thin sleeve I could slip around it to feel for something. Feels like the threads are catching on something, can't imagine what. Weird. Tried to rig a press bolt rod between the jug and the head to squeeze it from the inside and it still wouldn't budge. Thanks anyway!
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.
let me know what you find.Steve