kwiggins29059
kwiggins29059, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Experience in Harley Davidson and Triumph
68360881

07 FLHTC starts good first thing after running may or may

Customer Question

07 FLHTC starts good first thing after running may or may not start even though it turns over
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a a motorcycle. The Motorcycle Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: inconsistant starting starts first after sitting the n after riding may or may not restart turns over well just wont fire
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: i want an idea before I take it to a shop
JA: Is there anything else the Motorcycle Mechanic should be aware of about your motorcycle?
Customer: no all is good
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Motorcycle Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  kwiggins29059 replied 7 months ago.
Hello, if you've verified it's not producing spark at times when hot it's either going to be a bad crank position sensor (around 70-100 plus an hour or so labor) or the ignition module (around 125-150.00 and an hour or so labor) The shop may also charge anywhere from .5-1 hour diagnostic time.