Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

Why is my 2014 Super Tenere shutting down now when I take it

Customer Question

Why is my 2014 Super Tenere shutting down now when I take it out of neutral? Kickstand is up, handbrake on, why would it now shutdown shifting into gear?
Bike is routinely serviced, especially in spring. I understand safety features for auto engine shutdown, but bike has gone into gear before from I'm on bike ready to ride, now something causes it to shutdown when I take it out of neutral as I shift to start riding. Starts right up and runs great in neutral. What other causes would make the bike shut the engine off when I shift into gear to ride? Thanks, Gary
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, agree that it would be "...auto engine shutdown..." Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done) would be to check, clean or even bypass the side stand switch.All others would require the use of a multi-meter.