P.J.
P.J., Technician
Experience:  10 years as a mechanic and fabricator in a privately owned, local, custom bike shop.
75205684

I'm doing a rebuild on my forks 2011 street bob and

Customer Question

I'm doing a rebuild on my forks for my 2011 street bob and I need the torque specs and any information I may need to know
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  P.J. replied 7 months ago.
Drain screw gets 72 - 96 inch pounds.6mm screw at the bottom that retains the damper assembly gets 132 - 216 inch pounds.Fork tube plug at the top has an o-ring seal and does not have a specified torque.Fork cap bolt that tops it all off gets 60 - 70 foot pounds.Lower triple tree pinch bolt gets 53 -57 foot pounds.Fender bolts get Axle nut gets 60 - 65 foot poundsAxle holder pinch nuts get 132 - 180 inch pounds It takes somewhere around 10.7 ounces of fluid in each leg. The most important part is to make sure they are at even levels. The ounces of fluid recommended can easily be wrong if there is any residual fluid left inside so the proper measurement for your bike from the top of the tube plug to the top of the fluid is 4.92 inches once everything is assembled and with no weight on the forks. I use a special tool to get it there but you can use a syringe and a small piece of flexible tubing marked at that measurement to draw down the fluid to the proper level. Also, while you have them torn down lay the compression springs (long springs) beside each other and make sure they have the same free length. Yours are supposed to be replaced if they are shorter than 18.73 inches but, just like the fluid, it is more important that the lengths match. This insures they take weight equally and don't make your bike dive to one side or the other. Just pay close attention to the order of parts coming out and you should be fine. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need further information or assistance. Also, please don't forget to leave a positive rating for my service today. Thanks, P.J.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you very much
Expert:  P.J. replied 7 months ago.
You're welcome. Don't hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. Please leave a positive rating for my service. You can always come back later if you have further questions regarding your fork service. Thanks, P.J.