Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

I was thinking about buy a bike that needs some minimal

Customer Question

hello i was thinking about buy a bike that needs some minimal work, they guy told me it was a 1982 honda gl 500 and he said it needs the wiring gone through and the throttle fixed also that it will start and run for a few seconds then just dies. my question is does it seems like a hard fix? also price range?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. I dont show a price range or cost for this model here myself unfortunately.A dealer or repair center may be able to give you an idea of the value of this model if they can see it.The repairs needing done may be easy or difficult to do all depending on the fault.If the engine wiring or complete wiring needs replaced this can cost over $1500 in some cases and the throttle may cost over $200 to have repaired.It all depends on the fault here.I would have this inspected by a repair center first before buying it to get a value of it as well as an estimate to repair it. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete