Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

08 kHz 450r bogging down and backfireing when give more than

Customer Question

08 kHz 450r bogging down and backfireing when give more than a quarter throttle. No power or speed. Just changed the spark plug
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Kfx450r . Also changed out the clutch plates . It started great and idles fine . Had to put a battery charger on it last week because I have not rode it in 10 months. Also I have changed out the gas also
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Motorcycle Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, the description of "...bogging down and backfireing when give more than a quarter throttle..." could possibly be a fuel delivery issue (most likely) and/or ignition related (least likely). Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):• determine burn color of spark plug tip (old spark plug);• check/clean the fuel path from tank, pump, strainer / filter, lines;• including the injector;• ensure vacuum integrity at the intake manifold;• and no air leak(s) at the original air box + filter.