Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

Good morningI am the proud owner of a Victory Vision 2015Last

Customer Question

Good morning
I am the proud owner of a Victory Vision 2015
Last year I made an after market change to the tail lights by adding on LED's
The LED's that were purchased is an accrual plate of lights that goes over the existing lighting hardware and sealed into the tail light. It offer 40% capacity for running lights, a 4second flash when brake lights are applied and signal light the is sequenced from bottom to top (rolling motion).
Since these tail lights were installed I have no cruise control on my bike. All four front and back lights have load resisters on them.
I'm guessing computer on bike is reading brakes are engaged why engage cruise control.
Is there a way this can be fixed
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online. The light system may have to be removed to correct this here or a different resistor installed to trick the computer to then allow cruise control operation.I have seen this needing to be done on some models in the past before.I would check with a repair facility or modify facility in your area to see if they can help with what needs done specifically on this model here as it is difficult to say for sure without seeing the vehicle. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for the reply PeteI sure hope I didn't pay 50 bucks to have someone tell me my lights might have to be returned to the original product.
These lights were installed by a motorcycle shop to start with.Are you saying you cant give me an answer to my question?
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Your welcome.I saw no one had answered so I thought I would try and help here since your question had sat here for over a day.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.
Hi Greg and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):• as a test / confirmation of the LED effect on the cruise control, reinstall the old/original taillights;• if so confirmed, then:- install back the LED lights;- remove the load resistor for the LED brake light ONLY;- it may be necessary to run the original/old brake light ONLY together the with LED brake light wire.