Kenny O.
Kenny O., Motorcycle, ATV, Mules, Side by Side's Product Specialist. All Brands
Experience:  Worked for Kawasaki Motors as a Product Support Specialist (Factory Support) for 24 years
30381042

I have 2007 kawasaki ninja zx10r. I purchased knowinh it had

Customer Question

I have 2007 kawasaki ninja zx10r. I purchased knowinh it had issue in first gear, slipping. I got on several forums and did things other people did with the same issue. I replaced the chain and sprockets. Same issue. I replace the carbon clutch pads, while doing so I noticed the steel clutch plates was burt, spots. Same promblem. Split the casing, checked the gears, all good. Replaced the shift drum and shift fork with good used ones. Checked the specs on the forks and was in the spec range. Put back in and test drove. It didnt do it at first then started having the same issue. Noticed when riding in first as long as I cruise it does fine but if give it throttle it seems to let go the grab again. When it grabs it launches forward hard. Any help will be very grateful.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** am I speaking to ? Couple of questions before we get started ?Mileage currently on the bike ?Need the year of the bikeVIN number if you have it, that will give me the exact model ?Other then the shift drum and the forks, was anything else replaced in the transmission ?Under hard acceleration does it keep "slip" as long as you keep the throttle on ?Do you think that the prior owner might have stunted with the bike ?Thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Little over 20,000. 2007 kawasaki ninja zx10r. No other parts were replaced. Except what I had mentioned. Only slips in first while excelerating while gaining speed and the higher the rpms get the worse it gets and if I hit the throttle fast it starts doing immediately.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My name is Thomas
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 7 months ago.
HI Thomas, I just now got your request for the phone call, we can do that if you like, I'm on the west coast, I will be available all day, I do believe I know what going on with your bike,ThanksKenny
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for responding back. You can reach me at(###) ###-#### ***** it is long distance for you, you can email me at***@******.*** or text me at the number above, it is my cell, and I wil call you back. When ever it is convenient for you. I am on the east coast. Thanks so much. My wife wont let me ride until I fix the problem and it is killing me.
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 7 months ago.
Thanks Thomas for getting back, you have a smart wife that cares about you ! I'm believe that you have some damage to that first gear cluster as you did not replace them, I put together a PDF so go ahead and download it and review it, if you still have questions you can reply back or we can do the premium service.Thanks ThomasKennyhttp://spaces.hightail.com/receive/4S8w5