Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

I have LX-50 vespa and yesterday the key turned to unlock the

Customer Question

I have LX-50 vespa and yesterday the key turned to unlock the seat but it didn't budge
today the key wont even turn
How do i get into the seat storage area
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. In some cases the key cylinder can bind slightly and can cause an issue like this here.I have had to spray a small amount of lubricant into the cylinder hole itself to then allow the cylinder to rotate properly to release the latch to operate this here.If this has not been attempted this should be done.If this does not work the latch itself may be at fault needing replaced.Usually a lock smith will have to come out to open this for you when it is stuck like this here as it can require some special tools to open it. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete