Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 08 street glide and it just cuts off when Iam riding

Customer Question

I have a 08 street glide and it just cuts off when Iam riding has happen three times in about a month and half. When you get the bike to the side of the road it will start right back up, Have it at the shop but they say they cant find anything all codes show no problem can you help me?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. This may be a fault with the ignition coil assembly heating up and shutting down as I have seen act up/fail before in the past needing replaced for issues like this here.I would have this checked into further to see if you are losing spark when this occurs and if you are then this may need replaced.This would need tested when the fault occurs and in some cases it is best to allow the dealer or shop to operate it until it acts up so they can duplicate and locate the fault for repair here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure if it helped need to know as much as possible is to what different things could cause it to shut off
Customer: replied 1 year ago.